Thursday, August 27, 2015

AUTUMN IN THE PYREENES: Leaving on a Jet Plane

8-27-2015.  We're 6.5 hours from a flight to Toulouse via Heathrow and I'm very disturbed to discover that the PC software I use to write the blog has disappeared from my laptop and when I try to download it, it cannot be installed.  If I can't figure this out, it will severely limit my blogging capabilities.

So, as the song says, "bags are packed" - actually "bikes are packed and we're ready to go" to Europe for two tours (1) first a tour in the Cathars area of France organized by Bicycle Adventure Club (BAC ) and (2) then a tour on the Rhine and Mosel Rivers of Germany organized by Dallas Area Tandem Society (DATES).


Shown above are leaders of the French tour, Jane Holahan of Dallas and Gilbert Jean of Toulouse, France.  The ride starts and ends in Gilbert's home town; he is very proud of his country and likes to show it off.

And shown below are Alan and Rene Kailer of DATES, leaders of the Germany tour. This photo was taken in 2014 when Alan and Rene were riding their tandem across the United States.





2 comments:

  1. John, I sure hope you solve your software problems!! I'm really looking forward to hearing about your trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please give Jane a huge hug for me. I wish I was there.
    p.s.....something must be working, since your first post is just fine, no?

    ReplyDelete