Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Eastern Europe: Orientation Day 2

 

DSCN0223DSCN0221

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Dallas contingent, at least those who arrived a couple of days early, enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the  Hergetova Cihelna restaurant. This was recommended by our tour  guide Eva.

So why are there so many Dallas riders, and in particular members of the Dallas Area Tandem Club, on this ride.  IT IS NOT BECAUSE I’M BIASED.  These member were among the first to sign up.  It’s actually the fault of Ernie Coose. He was aware of our ride in planning and notified DATES member not only of the ride but also the day it was to be announced. See if I ever tell him about a ride in planning again!

Rick Steves says the  the Czech Republic has the best beer in Europe.  Although the Belgians may disagree I’m with Rick.  I had two of their pilsner beers yesterday and they were wonderful. In fact, if I lived here I’d probably give up my decades old wine drinking habit and switch to beer.  Pilsner beer or the Pilsner Urquell gets it’s name from Plzen, a populous city in the Czech Republic. The city is known worldwide for Pilsner beer, created by Bavarian brewer Josef Groll there in 1842. It was reportedly the first “clear” beer and is the basis for Budweiser.

I learned from our guide that the Czech Republic is mostly atheist.  No wonder I feel comfortable here.

1 comment:

  1. We served Urquell at Ryan's and Marketa's wedding party!

    ReplyDelete