Saturday, May 17, 2014

French Gardens: Introduction

Le Rivau gardens  June 17 2008 059

Above:  Le Rivau Gardens

The official title of this tour is Gardens of Touraine.  The tour is led by our Dallas friend Jane Holahan, who has knowledge and expertise in French, Gardening and Bicycle Touring. Could you ask more of a leader? Smile

This will be a different, and possibly difficult for me:

  • It is the easiest tour we’ve ever done.  But with my advancing age, that may not be so much of a problem.  I may like 27 mile days!
  • For the first time we’re using rented bikes.  And hybrid bikes to boot – the first tour without our custom road bikes.
  • But the biggest problem for me may be France and the French.  My experience in this country (actually its people) is not good and I’m biased against them.  But I’m going to give it – and the French – a try.  I’ll try to have a positive attitude.  Only time will tell how long it lasts.
  • I hope we can do the blog differently.  I’d like Brenda to write the text (maybe I’ll butt in now and then) and I’ll concentrate on the photos.

We have a full agenda planned for Paris before the tour.  The last time Brenda took me to Paris to see the fantastic museums, the museum workers were on strike and there wasn’t much to see.  Surely, it will be better this time.

We leave Dallas on Tuesday. Hopefully you’ll see a blog post on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment