Saturday, May 13, 2017

JAPAN: Ride Day 5


We’re  bussed to a village in the mountains.  It’s Shirakawago Village at the foot of Mt. Haku-san. It looks like a ski town but I don’t see lifts.  It’s definitely a tourist town with most of the tourists Japanese.  We arrive at noon and check-in is 2:00 or 3:00 so we walk around. It’s an interesting village.  Although at altitude it’s much hotter than last week on the coast.  Last week was overcast or cloudy; today we have full sun.  There are limited accommodations and we’re split in two groups.

 The thatched roofs are thick and steep, both because of the snowfall.

blog1  blog3











blog2  blo64











Our room tonight is miniscule.  We have no running water in the room.  I’m really fed up, but not properly fed, with Japanese food.  I’m tired of sitting and sleeping on the floor.  The  next two weeks may be difficult.

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny.....now you know why floors are so clean. I told you funky food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoying your blog again! Glad you tell it like it is. I would never be able to sleep on the floor. And I would probably starve! I think the furthest I will travel is Luxembourg.

    ReplyDelete