Saturday, September 16, 2017

TUSCANY ON THE MED - 6

This is the last riding day and once again we’re not riding.  Brenda’s cough is deep in her chest.  I’m in fairly good condition but the only helmet I have is cracked.  This is our 65th tour with Bicycle Adventure Club and never before have we ridden so little.  Usually, we ride every day.  So this is a “bad luck” tour for us.

But another off day gave me time to edit our photo gallery.  So far we have 109 photos.  And we went to lunch at Santa Lucia.  It appears that most clients are regular and have their “reserved” table.  We were there early and got one of the open tables. Brenda had muscles and French fries. I had “il burger” which is probably 4 times as large as a BIG Mac.

lunch3 lunch1lunch2

Tonight is the last dinner at the hotel and the Chef tries to outdo himself.  I had a picture of him and his large cake but lost it.  Here is the menu (I couldn’t eat all courses.)

Shrimp Pie

Orecchiette pasta with clams, zucchini and calamari

Sea bass medallion with tomato composition

Mixed salad buffet

Sponge cake with Chantilly cream.

Of course we had white and red wine. But tonight also a dessert wine with the cake.  I’ve told you several times how much we liked the hotel.  But they liked us also, saying we were one of the best groups to stay there.


2 comments:

  1. I must have missed the "Brenda" update. I take it she is sick and you are injured (which I knew). Sounds like it might make for good story fodder at a later date..."you'll never believe the trip from hell..." I will listen! Seriously, take care and come home. Lyle is looking into upgrading bikes. I am looking into getting mine fixed so I can shift from any gear to another without the chain coming off. We have different visions at times. Safe trip and love you guys.

    ReplyDelete