Saturday, April 28, 2018

2018 Greece 11

No cycling today; we’re sailing.  On a boat which will handle 400 people; this is the small boat. 

f4 f2

f3From the Kissamos harbor it’s about an hour’s boat ride to Imera Gramvousa – the Island of Pirates.  There are 400 plant species in Gramvousa, three of them cannot be found anywhere else on earth.  There are also 98 species of birds.  The main attraction, if you call it that, is a 1579 Venetian castle.  At least that’s what the tourist literature says.  Actually it’s barely a ruin, no indication of where  a castle used to be.  And to get there you have to climb 400-500 feet on slippery, rocky soil.  There are some steps, but some of these are pretty tall steps. I huffed and puffed on the climb and was very disappointed at the top.  Coming down was more difficult, as it always is. A couple of times young people asked “Are you all right?”  Did I look as if I was about to die?  Maybe!  And as I approached a very big step, a young black lady in front of me held out her hand and said “I don’t look strong, but I am.”  Thanks, lady.

f5f6

The next stop is the lagoon of Balos, listed as one of the best beaches in the world.  Well, I’m not a beach person.  I don’t like sun, sand or salt-water.  So what made this one of the best?  Beats me.  Second picture below Patrice took of me trying to hold up the umbrella.  Are we having fun yet?

f13umrellla


f15

I must have left my shirt on the bed.  When I returned to the room the maids had folded it the same way they fold the towels.  Brenda told me to enjoy this one; she’s not going to fold my shirts.

But the next day, they folded her jacket.

brends turn









1 comment:

  1. The folding is funny! I’ve heard of doing that with towels on cruises. Your boat tour does not sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete