Friday, September 18, 2015

GERMAN RIVERS: Rest Day in Worms

In yesterday's blog I forgot to mention that I went down crossing a railroad track in the rain. This was a deja vu moment; Brenda and I went down crossing railroad tracks in the rain in Italy in 2010.  Brenda was hurt (slight concussion and several stitches) but I escaped injury in both cases.  My helmet was cracked after yesterday's incident; better the helmet than my head.

The bikes are back to fairly normal condition.  I did bring the wheels to the room and wash the rims in the shower. You've never taken bicycle rims with you in the shower?  More fun than a rubber duck.

When we skipped the cathedral in Speyer yesterday it was partially because we had heard it was not impressive, other than at one time being the largest in Europe.  But today's was spectacular:






Is this the door to which Martin Luther mailed his principles?

As you'll see in the next photo we once again are in a real nice hotel and will also be tomorrow.

Tonight we're going to a nearby town which is having a wine festival - should be interesting.






No comments:

Post a Comment