Saturday, June 22, 2019

Scotland: Another Epilogue

I guess I need to complete the story about the fractured ankle.  On Thursday, June 20, I see Dr. John Elton (not Elton John) at the Vail Summit Orthopedic Canter.  The doctor says he's been hearing for days about a patient coming from Ireland.  I hope he wasn't disappointed to learn I am from Texas.

Looking at the x-rays from Mallow, he says the fracture is somewhat unusual and he wants another x-ray. Previous x-rays had me lying on a table. Dr. Elton wanted to see what it looked like with me standing and putting weight on it.  Low and behold: in this position many of the bones self aligned.  So Dr. Elton doesn't think I need surgery!!!  I'm scheduled to wear the boot for 5 weeks and have physical therapy for the same length of time.  'Hope that works.

No more blogs for  a while.

2 comments:

  1. Glad no surgery. That’s always a good thing. Mind the doctor and heal quickly. Looking forward to your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. We were wondering. We hope healing goes well and that you and the bike can meet up again.

    ReplyDelete